Here are some Frequently asked questions (FAQs) to help you about hiring me as your celebrant for your vow renewal in Leicestershire.
Often the questions couples ask are much the same so here are some of the mosts frequently asked ones about a hiring a celebrant to conduct your vow renewal, commitment, engagement or anniversary
Here are more of the common questions I get asked
Q:Are there any restrictions on where or when we hold our ceremony?
A: Not at all – anywhere, at any time – you are restricted only by your imagination!
But you should be mindful of the English weather if planning on holding it out of doors make sure there is some kind of cover for inclement weather.
Also consider you will also have to get permission of land or location owner/manager to use the place for your ceremony
Q: Can we have some religious or spiritual aspect to our ceremony if we wish?
A: Of course – you can mix it up to create an interesting and meaningful ceremony from any cultural or spiritual background so that it truly reflects who you are and what you’re all about.
Q: Will you perform same-sex marriages?
A: Yes, absolutely I operate an all inclusive service.
Q: I’m divorced – Can I still have a ceremony?
A: Yes you can. Often with a second or third relationship, there are children from one or both sides – this is a lovely opportunity to bring everyoner together in celebration.
There are probably many more questions you could ask me – please contact me to arrange that initial meeting and we can talk things through together over a cuppa! I am flexible in my approach, and am here to help you customise your ceremony until you’re completely happy with it.
Q: I’m shy – do I have to talk?
A: If you prefer, you can just say “I do.” Or even just nod your head! I want you to be very happy and feel comfortable. Even those who aren’t shy usually prefer to read their vows or to repeat them after the celebrant.
Q: How long before the Vow Renewal Ceremony should we book your services?
A. Its recommended that you book your Celebrant as soon as possible. Even up to 12 months’ in advance is not too soon. Doing it sooner rather than later gives you a chance to speak with and select the best person that feels like the best fit for you. Always choose someone who you feel comfortable with. Whilst its best to contact your potential celebrant early on, it is sometimes possible to work with you even if you contact me at relatively short notice.
Can We Write Our Own Renewal Vows?
Yes of course! This is something I encourage all my couples to do. Your vows should be truly personal and poignant to you both. They are created and said with meaning and sincerity. I will encourage you to personalize your ceremony as much as possible.
Q: What about last minute requests?
A: As long as there is room in the schedule, last minute requests are fine. I work well under pressure 🙂
More Key FAQs about hiring me as your vow renewal/ commitment ceremony celebrant in Leicestershire
Q: What do you wear as a Celebrant?
A: I will dress in appropriate attire for your wedding (though fancy dress and crazy themes are not really my style). It depends on your ceremony style and the degree of formality. I can dress formally or more casually. Whatever you prefer. My aim is to blend in with your ceremony, not stand out. It’s your wedding and the focus is on YOU.
Q: What are your rules around photography?
A: I am very flexible, I do my best to cooperate with photographers. Flash photography is fine with me, and if you wish, I’ll liaise with your photographer so they are in a discreet position where they can get the best possible photos or video without ruining the ambiance of the ceremony. (However, keep in mind, no cameras on the altar area as they will be a distraction, and will also wreck the appearance of the photos for everyone else.
Access to a network of professional photographers
My husband is a photographer and I have quite a network of them around me! We can often suggest potential photographers for you if you need it.
Q: On our ceremony day, what time will you arrive at the location and when do you leave?
A. Normally I will arrive around 40 minutes in advance, and then leave once my services are completed.
Q: What happens if you are suddenly taken ill, or have an accident and can’t make the ceremony?
A: I have access to other professional celebrants who are available to stand in. In the unlikely event of being unable to attend. we will find a suitable replacement for you. Though me not arriving has yet to happen!
Q: How do I book your services? And how do I pay the balance?
A: There are two (2) things you must do to have a guaranteed booking.
- Email to Request and then complete the Booking Form (By email, nothing to post)
- Pay Your non refundable deposit (currently £200) or pay the full payment using BACS transfer.
I will confirm your booking once I receive your booking form and you have paid your deposit to me.
The outstanding balance needs to be paid at least four weeks in advance of the scheduled wedding. Only gratuities are accepted the day of the wedding.
FAQs – Why Hire Me as your celebrant
Q: Why should we choose you to perform our ceremony?
A. There are many excellent Celebrants in the UK so, however, I’ll try to offer some points that differentiate me from other celebrants:
- My focus and attention will be on just one thing – making your Ceremony special and unique.
- I am an accredited Celebrant – with a UK government recognised qualification.
- Professional Voice Amplification System. If needed, I can provide you with a PA system so everyone can hear your vows (no extra charge)
- Extensive music knowledge, I can make suitable suggestions if you are struggling to decide
- Bubbly personality to put some pazzazz into your event, no boring stuff from me, I can add the fun element to your day, just heart and soul focus.
- Can help you overcome nerves and stress, I have qualifications to help people reduce stress, so if last minute nerves are affecting you I can help you with that too, and enable you to feel totally confident on your big day!
- My fees are realistic. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. I pride myself in the quality and involvement in your ceremony. Investing in my services will get you your perfect ceremony.
- I will ensure you and everyone involved are fully briefed and prepared on your special day. I believe my role involves far more than just conducting the ceremony.
As soon as I arrive my work starts :-
– Before the Ceremony begins, I make sure your Musician(s) know all of their cues, and
– I review the Ceremony with your Photographer so they can get the best shots possible.
– I make sure anyone who has a role to play knows what they need to do and when.
– I’ll answer any last minute questions you have. Basically, I help in any and every way I can.
- Confident and Calm! Couples like the fact that their ceremony doesn’t feel rushed. We will take our time, I will let you know exactly what to do and say throughout the ceremony. This enables you to relax and completely enjoy every minute of your ceremony.
- Peace of Mind. Knowing you have a professional trained Celebrant who enjoys what she does, who’s main aim is to make your special day meaningful and enjoyable for you is absolutely priceless, its worth its weight in gold.
When Will You Meet Us on the Day of the Ceremony?
I will expect to meet you both around 20-30 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
I strongly advise that you are BOTH READY 30 minutes before the scheduled start time.
What happens next?
After you have booked my services You will:
- Have unlimited email & telephone support.
- I will work with you to customise your ceremony until it’s exactly the way you want it.
- Choose your ideal vows, readings, type of service, music and any other options you have in mind.
- Have complete access to my extensive resources of ceremony ideas.
- Receive your finished personalized vow renewal ceremony script to review.
(It’s not the final draft until you say “It’s perfect… We love it!”)
Note: I receive several calls every year from peo0ple who booked their ceremony with a “cheap” celebrant and ended up scrambling to make other arrangements when the “cheap” celebrant either did not respond to their calls or cancelled without even offering a replacement. Whether or not you hire me as your celebrant, at least hire a professional with a great reputation.
Please note: I can only officially confirm and reserve your chosen dates once I receive your signed booking form and deposit. It’s vital you do this immediately if you wish to book my services.
Jacqui Tillyard Wedding and Funeral Celebrant
Thank you for considering my services!
I look forward to participating in your special day!
Follow me on Facebook